Saturday, August 13, 2016

Happy...

60th Wedding Anniversary...

Hi there...

Wow, imagine being married for 60 years??? Two of my mum's friends are celebrating this amazing milestone today...

Unfortunately they do have to live apart :( Whilst my mum's friend is quite fit and healthy and lives in a lovely flat, her husband has dementia ...such a cruel, cruel condition and he has to live in a home. He thinks they are getting married today, just so sad.. They are having a celebration lunch out with friends at a lovely hotel..

Here is the card I made for mum to take with her... Of course a Mo Manning image :) this time..a Penny Black stamp 'Tom and Tilly'.


I wasn't sure what colours to go for...so I just went for muted vintage tones! Coloured with Coloursoft pencils.

I'm going to enter this in the 'Penny Black Saturday Challenge'.... the theme is 'favourite technique'...mine is stamping and colouring in! :) 

She xx

5 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is fabulous She! Yes we know folk who are now separated in this way - not a happy situation! Hugs, Chrisx

rachel said...

such a touching story She - and I love your card - brilliant x

misteejay said...

A wonderful card She. I hope the couple have a lovely day irrespective of the sad circumstances.
Toni xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful card and keepsake Sheila ♥ Sure to be loved ♥♥

I hope everyone had a lovely day. Dementia is so cruel, it can have it's advantages if it's a MIL.. did I say that out loud!!! No it is cruel especially for loved ones around them :(

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x