Monday, July 4, 2016

Art Journal....

Summer School!

I am taking an online Art Journal Summer School course....My intention was to keep up with the videos and do all my homework and everything! I really should have known better......After all I am still finishing last Christmas' 'Journal My Christmas' so what hope have I got for summer school??? As mum always says 'God loves a trier' so I am trying!!!

I think it may be the case that I don't do everything right now...but I am downloading all I can and will try and catch up :) :) Also I think that some of the more advanced 'painty' ones may be a bit beyond me...so it's a case of dipping in and out and doing the ones that make me smile :)



I started with the lovely and very talented Kate Crane her video is a wonderful riot of colour and flowers.....Doodling...something that I am trying....

This is a little test piece made for my Junk Journal...lots more practice needed I think...but they are all 'drawn' by my own fair hand! I drew them on watercolour card and used my little set of water colours....which I did have to brush the dust off!! They haven't seen the light of day for about 5 years!

When I showed it to Bry..he could see a face...which I couldn't at the time but now can...very abstract...it did occur to me to try and put a border round it to make it into a face...maybe next time!!!

Thanks Kate for the inspiration...........

She xx

3 comments:

misteejay said...

Wow, what a super page. Beautiful colours.
Sounds like you are enjoying your class (when you get the time to dip in).
Toni xx

rachel said...

Beautiful work she...you sound as bad as me ..i am doing wanderlust but haven't joined in for ages. Just signed up for creative chemistry 3 too....will i ever learn that there are not 40 hours in a day x

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous doodles Sheila and AWESOME background. Looks like you are off to a great start ♥ ENJOY!