Saturday, May 21, 2016

It's a fine day...

and I'm perfectly happy!!

Hi there....Totally inspired by the lovely and very talented Kate Crane I am making a Junk Journal...

It's about 6" square with some smaller pages which I hope will sit well mixed in! Made with cereal boxes and packaging ...mostly from that wonderful website Amazon!!

This is my first page........



I've dusted off my Bind it All and have made holes in my pages...It took me a while to remember how to line them up...so not all the pages are the same size!! But this is a Junk Journal after all!

The background is made up of acrylic paints . My puffin is this fabulous one by CI the words are from this stamp....... I'm sure he'll be making an appearance very soon! The only thing I'd do differently is not to emboss my Puffin...but on the whole I'm pleased with how this turned out!

I'm going to enter this into the CI challenge this month...the theme is 'Anything Goes'....

She xx

6 comments:

misteejay said...

Looks like you had fun She.
Toni xx

Jean Hardy said...

What a fabulous grungy journal page and the puffin is perfect for it. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge, much appreciated. Jean x

Florence said...

Wonderfully creative. Super page. A junk journal sounds fun. Took me 3 years to work out how to use the bind it all. Took one look at the instructions and it went back in its box!! 3 years later, threw the instructions away and now its fine :) They are great little tool. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
Flo x

rachel said...

ah She - you are so very clever and creative - brilliant! Thanks for your kind words - I do appreciate it xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is fabulous She! Love your colour choices! Chrisx

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Such a great page - the use of colour and texture. I also like the repetition of the circles.
Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge.
Good Luck.
Lynne