Sunday, April 20, 2014

Socrates!!!

Hi there.......

The words for the next Craft Barn challenge are

KNOWLEDGE / HURT...

I decided to go with Knowledge........I was going to use the 'A little Knowledge is a dangerous thing' quote as this was the first one that popped into my head!!! But after doing a little research found a better one....


I used a smaller Tag this time around.. The background is created with an Alphabet stamp by Crafty Individuals, I then used my DIs to colour it...It still looked a bit 'flat' so I found my Alpha embossing folder and embossed it!
My lovely Lady is off 'Ancestors 3' by PaperArtsy. She looks as though she has a cold, bless her!! She's stamped onto an off cut of Mountboard, coloured and triple clear embossed. The quote is computer generated.

The little corners are just more off cuts of Mountboard triple clear embossed and then I added a layer of gold embossing powder and stamped into it with my crackle stamp. Due to my usual great camera skills, you can hardly see them!!! Just rubbed over with Treasure Gold, as is the little button.

Thanks for looking and I'll catch up with you soon.

She xx

20 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. I adore this tag. I like the corners and the woman that you took so much time triple embossing. Your attention to detail is always superb.

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn ~ The background & colours are fabulous, the Wise Woman used wonderfully and the quote, simply perfect :o))

massofhair said...

Stunning Tag, love your colour choices and textures. Love triple embossing, something so satisfying about the finish and tile appearance. Great choice of quote :-) xxx

juliewheatman said...

Your tag looks superb, very "Socrates" love the triple embossing

Helen said...

This is a fabulous tag, and a great quote.

rachel said...

this is ab fab She - great quote and a wonderful tag! Hugs rachel xx

kaybee said...

Great quote (I considered that one!), and love the overall look of your tag.

Lynn Holland said...

Over from the Craft Barn and enjoyin g your tag. Very clever She.

thassos456 said...

Love this tag. Great quote and the woman stamp is one of my favourites :)

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous arty tag.
luv
Debby

Elaine said...

This is great - love how you've done the words and the red and green on the background!

butterfliecrafter said...

lovely, great to use up leftover mountboard, love all the embossing, got to give that a try myself.

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful tag - love the background and the quote of course.

Fiona Spain said...

Love it. A most excellent tag.

Scrapmate said...

Fab tag with some great elements and a good quote.

Krisha said...

What a fantastic tag!
Love the sentiment/quote

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous quote and a wonderful tag.

Sylv said...

Great quote, fabulous tag.

Sylv xx

Carol said...

Love your image , quote and layers - gorgeous tag x

daisy said...

Great quote & a fabulously detailed tag xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...