Sunday, March 23, 2014

Flowers!

Hi there...

The latest words for the Craft Barn Q&L challenge are..

'Flower and/or Travel'

I have gone with 'Flower' for my Tag.........Once again I've managed to make and blog it the day the challenge goes live!! I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do that!!!




I have been inspired by the very talented Ellen Vargo .......She has done some videos for PaperArtsy. She made it look so easy!! This is the first time I have used a brayer with paint and I loved every minute of it! I didn't have all the paints that she used, so I mixed it up with some lovely DO Craft ones...The stamps are from a couple of Jo Firth-Young stamps also by PaperArtsy......I have these for ages and thought that today would be a good day to use them!!!!  They are coloured in with my new passion.........Spectrum Noir pencils...♥ them!

I enjoyed making this tag so much I've made another with a little ATC for a friend for a little swap! Hope she likes them.........



Apologies for the rubbish photo!! My camera expert is playing out today!!!!

I may be a little quiet over the next few weeks.........taking a little break from paper crafting....I have this 'little' cross stitch to keep me busy......and my fingers are itching to get started!! I'll let you know how I get on.......it's been a while since I have done any!!



She's gorgeous, isn't she? I've had her ages just waiting for the right time to sew.............and that's now!!!

Thanks for looking and I'll try and catch up with you all...

She xx

21 comments:

Carol said...

Love the tag and ATC,the colours layout and sentiment is lovely - you were quick today !! :) Enjoy your sewing :)

Helen said...

Fabulous tag and ATC - I used lots of the same stamps as you, as they are so fab and just called to me for this challenge!! Have fun with that gorgeous cross stitch - I think it may take you a while...

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from the craft barn - your tag & ATC are gorgeous. Gorgeous stamps, colours & quotes :o)

rachel said...

brilliant tag and ATC She - love this jofy set - its the only one I have so far and I love it. Crossing fingers that I might be the friend! Big hugs and enjoy the cross stitch xx

Mooffie said...

I love the JOFY stamps, and your tag, gorgeous, all spring-y!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I followed your link from CB, and was glad I did. This is beautiful. I really enjoyed the stamps you used, especially since I'm not a stamper. And it sounds like those new pencils were just the thing for coloring the flowers.

I don't cross stitch, but that looks like a BIG project. Have fun with it.

Valerie Nolan said...

Loving your tag, the colours are beautiful and the JOFY stamps are on my wish list:) Good luck with your sewing!
Val x

kaybee said...

Fabulous tag and quote, really liking the colours. Haven't got any JOFY stamps yet, but the more I see them in use the more I'm sure I'll be giving in!! Enjoy cross-stitching.

debby4000 said...

Love the tag and ATC they are fabulous. Good luck with the x stitch looks like it will keep you busy for a while.
luv
Debby

Elaine said...

Love the vibrancy of the colours and that quote is great. Good luck with the cross stitch!!

chrissies said...

Wonderful tag and Atcs-such beautiful colours and stamps.

Chrissie x

elenigratsia said...

She this is absolutely gorgeous!!! :) love the quote, and the tag itself ... as for your 'little' Lavendar & Lace problem ... wowza ... I'm also a stitcher, and manage to do everything together!!! :)

juliewheatman said...

I love the stamps you have used and are on my wish list. Have been umming and arring over the spectrum noir pencils, have the pens but I think the pencils are a must too. Great tag and love the quote

Fiona Spain said...

Lovely tag and i love the colours. enjoy your cross stitch and show pictures.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh She! What a beautiful tag! Enjoy your sewing. Chrisx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fantastic tag, I love the images from Jofy.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Visiting from the Craft Barn Challenge....I like the colors in this lovely tag..makes me think of Spring!

lena-dailyscrap said...

Wonderful tag! LOVE the jofy stamp and the beautiful colours you ve used!

massofhair said...

You have done the stamps proud She! Awesome stamping and colours used, the little ATC is adorable.

Beautiful TagArT :-) xxx

daisy said...

Beautiful design & colours. Hope you are enjoying making your cross stitch xx

gardenpinks said...

Fabulous tag and love those background colours. Hope the sewing is going well.
Lynn