Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cricket Nostalgia........

Morning....

Here is the card I have made for my brother who is a huge Lancashire Cricket fan!

I got these Nostalgia Stamps  at a bargain price a little while ago, knowing they would come in handy for those 'difficult' Male cards!!!




The image and also the gorgeous papers (by Lili of the Valley) that were sat on my desk gave me the idea for the shading I used on the image...

I have tried this technique a few times....especially after watching the very talented Sheena demonstrate it on tv!! Maybe I used the wrong card before...who knows!! I used the watercolour 300gsm from Crafters Companion and stamped with my 'Gathered Twigs' DI and used a paintbrush and a little water to shade...I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.

I started out with one of the sketches from the PaperTake Challenge blog, designed by the very clever Dawny and it just sort of evolved!! I love her sketches, sometimes I stick to them and sometimes they just seem to go their own way! But they always give me the inspiration I need....

I just finished with my favourite corners and Card Candi.

Thanks for looking...

She xx

3 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and papers.xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous mans card, great image.
luv
Debby

rachel said...

brilliant image She - and a great card - hope your brother has a great day xx