Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Happy Birthday.........

dear Bry..........

Hi there...........

Today is my DH birthday...........I decided to make something a little different for his card......always a risk!!!

He does love my inky coloured backgrounds rather than paper...so I went with that...........



I started off with a 7" card and matted a piece of black onto it....The next matt is coloured with green DIs....
For my top matt I have coloured white card with my DIs, water splattered, dried and the run it through an embossing folder. Because the card is thin it did rip a bit at the edges, but I quite liked this.......I just used a border stamp and some black ink round the edges and clear embossed..

The handsome gent is 'Toby'  coloured with my Spectrums and then cut out......Not reallt too good at cutting out, but a black pen round the image hides a multitude of sins!!!

The sentiment is an unmounted one which was a freebie.....and the letters are the ones I got with my Quickutz tool years ago................

My corners and Card Candi finished it off.....

Just hope he likes it.........

Thanks for looking.......

She xxx

3 comments:

rachel said...

this is super She - I hope Bryan loved it - sure he did xx

massofhair said...

He would be mad not to like his card!!! Amazing colours and i do love Toby :-) xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm sure he must have loved it! Chrisx