Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Even Silence............

Speaks..............

Hi there...........

I was hoping to have had time to play a bit sooner than this..........as it is I'm on the last minute...almost!!!

The 'Quote and Lyric' challenge this fortnight is 'Silence and/or Dazzle'................

I decided to make a smaller Tag this time......I think I'll probably be making them into a Journal at some point, so I thought different sizes might look good.......


This tag already had some inks on the background..........I suspect it's a 'mop up' from something else!! Also I think there are some Pan Pastels on it too...I just added some DIs and did some water splattering and then some over stamping..........The Swirl is a wooden carved stamp I got for a song at the Christmas Markets in Manchester......I have another which is lovely too...wish I'd have got some more now!!!! I just used a white gel pen to scribble round.

I used 'Friend'  by Stampotique.........I love him........depending how you look at him, sometimes he's looking at you and sometimes it looks like a side view.....

I had convinced myself I had the 'Even Silence Speaks' stamp.........but I must have been mistaken!!! As soon as I saw the challenge I knew what I wanted to use......I ended up cutting the words out of an old dictionary and mounting them on cream card...........The metal word says 'Courage' ........it's actually a eyelet metal tag which I've had for more years than I care to think about!!!

Really enjoyed making this and I'm looking forward to the next challenge at weekend.  :)

Thanks for looking.

She xx

10 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

Fabulous tag She KIng. I really like the swirl stamp, (what did you have to sing?) ;) and I love the quote you chose, but isn't it a pest when you think you have something then find you haven't; happens to me all the time, usually a specific colour, *sigh* Should check my supplies before I start, haha. :o)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a beautiful tag. And I love the stamp, too. I'm like Mo and want to know what you had to sing to get it (grin).

kiwi in timbertown said...

Kiwi in Timbertown.
Very cool tag and those stampotique stamps just get right under your skin

Maisie Moonshine said...

Fabulous tag She, those colours are great and perfect for your friend. Love the white doodling really adds to the whole.

Scrapmate said...

Love the Stampotique image - a great tag.

BJ said...

Super tag, the idea of different sized sounds cool too. BJ

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a fab tag x trace x hugs x

rachel said...

great tag She - fab textures xx

misteejay said...

Fabulous tag She - I love the colours and that is a super swirl stamp.

Toni xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hi She! I really am on catch up! I absolutely adore this! Love the background and the fab swirly stamp! Hugs Chrisx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...