Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Smile........

Hi there......

I managed to completely miss The Craft Barn's challenge last year, but was determined to play along this year! When I saw it was 'Quotes and Lyrics' I knew I would enjoy playing :)

I love using Quotes wherever I can...A couple of years ago I made a 'Quotes' Journal which I loved making...I am just getting round to making the covers for the book!!!

I have decided to make Tags for this great year long challenge

The first words are 'Smile and/or Up'......I decided to go with 'Smile'



I started with a large Tag (size 10 I think...) and coloured it with my Adirondak ink pads. I used some of my background stamps over the top using Archival ink. The Edge stamp is from one of my most used sets..'Around The Edge' by Dyan Reaveley. I clear embossed this and because some of the background ink was still wet, it embossed in patches over the tag too...which I liked!
For my image I used the fantastic 'Perl' by Stampotique. Love ♥ her! She's coloured with my Spectrums. I tried to keep her skin pale!
The Quote is another Dylusions stamp..'The Right Words' I stamped it onto an old book page....I love this colour! The bottom quote is one of my favourites!! Orange really is the happiest colour! It always makes me smile!! :)
I just added little key and heart charms and I was done...
Entered into The Craft Barn Challenge........Thanks guys for a great challenge!

Thanks for looking...

She xx

20 comments:

rachel said...

fabulous tag She and it sounds like a great challenge too! Orange is pretty cool isn't it? Hugs rachel xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Thisnis great ! I want to play too and funny enough I was going to do a tag! Lol yours is fab great quote...too....same quote as mine LOL great minds ...

massofhair said...

Fabtastic Tag, love the colours and images, am a huge fan of Stampotique and Dyan's quotes they are a match made in heaven.

Orange is a wonderful colour, i like it in most shades. Your Tag is really stunning :-) xxx

daisy said...

Such sweet charms. Look forward to seeing your tags throughout the year xx

Elaine said...

A great first tag - great quote and bright colours always make me smile!

butterfliecrafter said...

Totally love your background, it's colorful but still has a certain darkness to it.

gardenpinks said...

Love this tag, so cheerful it makes me smile and that is a fab quote too xx

BJ said...

Love the orange, such a rich background to your smile quote. BJ

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, great colors, image and quote.

Scrapmate said...

A fabulous tag - love the colours.

silvia gonzalez dupuy said...

Wonderful tag! I love it and so much work in it

Craftychris said...

Love the rich background colour! Cool tag and fab quote xx

Craftyfield said...

The colours are gorgeous, love the stamping and love the quote... Great opportunity to team up key and heart charms!

Maisie Moonshine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this tag - gorgeous background and I'm slowly becoming a convert to those Stampotique stamps. Can't wait to see your next tag! MMx

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - Excellent first tag for the challenge. Orange is indeed thehappiest colour & daisies are the happiest flowers :o)

elenigratsia said...

Beautiful!!! Lovely colours, lovely stamping ... great idea to make tags, I'm doing it too ... and love your quote!!! :)

Sylv said...

Fabulous colours and background, wonderful quote.

Sylv xx

kiwi in timbertown said...

Kiwi in Timbertown. Great work. There is just something about these stamps that I enjoy. They always bring a smile

by Gill said...

what a great tag, i love orange too its so vibrant and cheery. First time i've been to your blog, its lovely.
Gill xx

The Craft Barn said...

Great start on the new challenge. Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
Izzy