Monday, August 26, 2013

A Study In....

Lilac!
Hi there! One day I will think up original names for my blog posts!!!

I needed a couple of Birthday cards for a very dear friend of my mum's and here is the first one I came up with........

This is for mum to send to her.......


I've used one of my Kanban Lady stamps...love her! She's coloured with Spectrum Noirs. The backing paper is by PaperMania....I find it quite difficult to make rectangular cards now....Love my square cards! Sometimes though the image is just too big for a square.......So I adapted an old sketch by 'Papertake Weekly'..........the sketches are really good and are often my 'go to' for inspiration!!
I've just added my favourite punched flowers, scroll die and of course ribbon!

Thanks for looking...

She xxx



3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant card.
luv
Debby

pearshapedcrafting said...

I'm on catch up here! Sooo! Love this card, such an elegant lady and I love the way you have mounted her!
Well done for making a start on Christmas cards! I always say every year that I really will start early and then end in my usual mad rush. Love the 3 Kings card but must say the Christmas Lights cards are fantastic - so bright and cheerful! Hope to see you soon! Chrisx

keren said...

Wow. That's so lovely. Your cards are always so elegant ( sigh!). A little bird told me it was your Birthday! Happy Birthday! xx