Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Thank You Card..........

Or 37!!!

Hi there.......Last Saturday was my lovely mums birthday party.......At one stage we didn't think it would go ahead, as I got a distraught phone call just before 7 am.......She had had a burst from the hot water tank and there was water everywhere.......

But thanks, mainly to my lovely Bry (always fantastic in a crisis!) and her fantastic neighbours everything got sorted and dried.......British Gas were great and arrived within an hour of contacting them and fixed everything in double quick time.......

She has had so many lovely presents and she asked me to make some 'Thank You' cards.....A couple she said............This turned into 10, then 20.....eventually I asked her to list who she wanted to send a card to and she said 'Oh it's 37'!!! I suggested 40 so she could have a couple of spares........but no, mum being mum said she wanted the exact number!!!

I wanted them to be fairly simple, but classy.....I don't normally like 'duplicate' cards, but I wasn't even going to attempt more than one design!!!

I thought I'd stick to Cream and Black.........

 I wanted a stamp that I didn't need to colour....so I turned to my favourite Anna Griffin ones...This is the Poppy.....most of them were this design, but I also used a Rose.....

I made the card blanks out of A4 Cream Pearlescent card, making them as square as I could!!! The image and sentiment were stamped on the off cuts!! So nothing got wasted!!! The background is pearlescent Cream paper which I embossed with an A4 embossing folder....
I have used the beautiful 'Harrington Vine'  up the side and popped my favourite punched flower on top...It was just finished with some card candi......

And here are the 37!!
And the good news??? Mum LOVES them...........Result!!!!














Thanks for looking and I'll catch up with you soon.

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hurray for the gas man! Love the 37 cards - a great idea! Blogger seems to be back to normal now! Chrisx