Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Mum............

Hi there......today I would like to wish a Happy Birthday to my lovely mum...who is 90 today........How did that happen????

She is my inspiration.............a marvellous, marvellous lady who has coped with everything that life has thrown at her with a smile, kind words, lots of strength and optimism, she sees positive in every day and is so interested in everything, that it's amazing.She truly is one of life's Angels here on earth. All she has had to cope with the last few years would have broken most of us..........NOT my mum......

What card could I make??? Whatever I make somehow feels inadequate,as I could never convey to her how much she means to me and how special she is........But she loves Shoes, so that's what I've gone for........

I have used my Katy Sue design stamps...aptly named 'Fabulous Shoes' 

I love ♥ them. I stamped them 4 times and coloured with my Spectrum Noirs and did some 'decoupage' .....I'm not a lover of decoupage, but mum loves it, so that's what's important, isn't it???

I put glossy accents on the top of the image....All that was needed then were my favourite Vine die, punched flowers and favourite corners!!
OOps.........forget to say the rather lush papers are from Lili of the Valley..........'Promises'

Here is a close up of the Shoe.....

And mum........well a lady has to have a new haircut for her special day, doesn't she???


All dressed up in the kitchen with her lovely hairdresser Sue....


All done!!!!!
































Happy Birthday mum, love you lots and I hope we get to share lots more happy birthdays.....XXXXXX

4 comments:

rachel said...

Aw she - what an achievement! Well done to your mum and to you - your card is gorgeous. Hope you both have a wonderful day. X

Juls said...

Stunning card for a fabulous lady!! And what is a girl to do without shoes!!! I have these stamps & have added the dresses & hats to my collection, still not inked any of them up, so thank u 4 your fabulous inspiration hugs Juls xxx

Sandra said...

What a beautiful card, which I'm sure will be treasured.

Wishing your mum a very happy birthday

Netty said...

Fabulous card for a fabulous grand lady. Annette x