Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Anastasia....

Hi there.....

I spent a wonderful Saturday with some very dear friends at the Happy Stampers Show at Port Sunny.........The very lovely Lindsay  was demo-ing.........It's been too long since I've seen her and I knew I wanted to take along a 'little' something which I'd promised her ages ago.....

And this is what I came up with.......


I cut a large-ish Tag out of Pearlescent card and used some Rub Ons before I set about colouring it with my Distress Inks. I seem to remember that Lindsay likes Lilac/Purpley tones so I decided to go with that! I used some small dotty background and mesh style stamps, which I think are from a set of Lindsay's clear backgrounds....I have had them ages!!!
My gorgeous Lady is Anastasia  by Unity....Love Unity stamps......We have a great selection here   I ordered her direct from the States though, really good delivery...She is coloured with Copics and Spectrum Noirs and is standing on some washi tape.....The Quote is another Unity one, this time by Phyllis Harris with just a touch of Glossy Accents...

I very happy to report that Lindsay liked her Tag.....and I got a wonderful Lindsay hug :-) The day was slightly marred by somebody taking some of Lindsay's gorgeous samples and also some of her ink pads..........Why do people think they can do this??? It makes it worse, I think by the fact it's a crafter that's done it.....

Thanks for looking and I'll catch up with you soon...



ps.....when hubby isn't looking I will take a photo of my new stash....and hopefully 'borrow' Lindsay's photo of us......

3 comments:

rachel said...

fab tag She - I can't believe somebody took some of Lindsays work and ink pads - how terrible. She had some wonderful tags on show didn't she - so bright and beautiful. Looking forward to seeing what you bought! Hugs rachel xx

jo said...

Lovely tag She!!

Netty said...

Loving your fab tag and am sure it was appreciated. I never knew crafters would steal things until Hels told me that it happens a lot. Shame on them. Looking forward to seeing your new stash. Hugs Annette x