Friday, April 26, 2013

For My Dad.........

Hi there.........

Where has the last year gone???

I can't believe it's been a whole year since I lost my dad.......

Thank goodness I have lots of happy memories of him, oh but I can't tell you how I long to talk to him just one more time...To be able to ring home and hear him, it still seems strange that mum answers the phone....Dad would never let her.........

He, I know would be so proud of mum and how she has coped and everything she has had to cope with, dad used to 'deal' with everything and I am so proud of all she has achieved, from handling paying the bills to working the remote controls for the telly!!! Like most men he was always in control of the remotes!!!

I'll leave you with one of our favourite photos..........It is when dad was presented with a very special medal from the Pope.........As usual he was dressed up, but tie-less!!!!


Love and miss you lots dad, I  hope you are keeping Heaven entertained with your singing and corny jokes........XXXXXXXXXX

2 comments:

rachel said...

a lovely memory She - big hugs hun xx

Lindsay Mason said...

Thinking of you Sheila. I know it is hard to think that a year has passed...coming up to David's anniversary in a few weeks...and I know it makes you feel almost guilty for still being here. All we can do is hold them close to our hearts...they are always with us.
Great picture of your dad...you are like him! Your mum is being so strong isn't she.

Lindsay x x