Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Grungy??!!!!!

Hi there!
Something a little different to my previous posts..........

It seems so long since I played with Tags.......so on Sunday I thought I'd have a play............

I am on a mission to use up all my old and existing stash..........I've spent far too much already this year and as much as I love my new stash, especially my Rogue Redhead stamps.....love them! I have lots and lots and lots that I haven't even used..........


I have had some Whitewash Core'dinations card stock in my stash for such a long time, I thought it was time it saw the light of day!!
I used one of my latest purchases......my FAB 'Typeset' Cuttlebug embossing folder.
Love these new folders as they are larger...........
I then sanded it and then pondered how to colour.........then I found my Metallic Rub-Ons

I have had these more years than I care to remember!!!!

Love the effect they give and the finish...a little bit waxy.....
I then used a little background circle stamp on the corners and clear embossed, the powder also stuck on some of the wax, so I got a nice textured image!

I never, ever plan anything...so I didn't know what was going to go on the tag!!! I just opened one of my stamp drawers and saw my Stampotique stamps.......and had to use 'Mary'





Here she is coloured in and looking grungy!!! I went round her with a charcoal pencil, which didn't  work so well and then got my wax crayons out and coloured round her... The phrase is a stamp that I got hugely reduced at Hobbycraft......but again with not planning found out that it was too big for the Tag...so I stamped the 'Dream' with my little Alpha stamps. She's stood on a piece of torn book page coloured with the Rub-Ons.

This photo was taken with my phone, so the colours are a bit different!







And here she is finished...........



I did get her face dirty.....mucky fingers!!! So I recoloured her with my ProMarkers and now she just looks a bit grubby!!!!

The little metal flower I have had forever!!!

Just added some twine and a little heart and some fibres to finish..........



















Whilst I was playing, I thought I'd play with some Black Core'dinations and the same Rub-Ons and embossing folder.......

The left one, for some reason is screaming 'Steampunk' at me......but who knows ow my mind works!!! But I have Gears cut out and coloured and my Gentlemen stamped, so we'll see how it goes...........

Thanks, as always for looking and leaving a comment if you get the chance..........

I'll catch up with you soon............

9 comments:

LINDA PAGE said...

Well I'm impressed these are great. That embossing folder is screaming get me get me get me LOL. xx

NGCARDS said...

This looks great! Thanks for popping by my blog too :) xxx

jo said...

These look fab She and like Linda, that embossing folder is screaming at me too!! Think you may have inspired me to fish out my Coredinations!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Gorgeous She! Love those colours! Chrisx

Netty said...

loving your fabulous tag and I obviously need that fab folder... x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous tags.
luv
Debby

LauraVi said...

A fabulous effect for a beautiful tag!
www.vive-lavi.blogspot.com

Distinctly Daisy said...

Enjoyed this post & seeing the progress of your tag, such a change from your beautiful cards. Not that your tag isn't beautiful ... it is .. in all it's grubby grungy-ness. You must have had get fun making it xx

Distinctly Daisy said...

That should have been great fun.

xx