Thursday, February 21, 2013

Friend To Friend.......

Hi there.......

Today, running true to form I have a 'Belated' Birthday card to show you..

 I have used one of my favourite stamp set from Flourishes...'Gerbera Daisies' available very soon here

After watching the lovely and very talented Kim on Create and Craft and also watching her video I was inspired to get my Cosmic Shimmers out.......I am sure I had some paints, but I think I must have sold them :( I have hunted high and low for them.....What I have found are my Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders......which I have to admit I'd forgotten about.......
I just put them onto a palette and mixed them with a little water and painted......Really pleased with how they look....You can't see the different colours and the shimmer in this photo, so I took another photo....
Aren't they lush??  I thought I'd stick to quite a clean, simple card, as I didn't want to distract from the image....
I stamped onto Acrylic paper.....which Bry tells me is made for use with Acrylic paints......It is textured and lovely to work with...

For the background...I should really have taken a photo of the background paper...next time!!! I used another piece of the card and sprayed with the Cosmic Shimmers and then stamped the smaller stamp in the set all over...

A piece of ribbon and a sentiment off another set of Flourishes and I was done.........
I was enjoying myself with my paints so much that I got my long neglected water colours out and coloured another image in all ready to make into another card.............


Thanks Kim for inspiring me to get my paints out again....I know I have forgotten about them since I started using ProMarkers...............Do go visit her blog...you will love it...






Thanks for looking...I'll catch up with you soon...



4 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous image .xxx

inkypinkycraft said...

great shimmer on your projects!
sorry if I have missed some comments hand makes typing slow and painful hugs trace x

Carol Yates said...

What a beautiful card, love that stamp.
Carol.x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely card She! Such lovely bright colours too! Chrisx