Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Great..........

Surprise!
Morning.....

I am in the process of making some cards for mum....they are supposed to be quick ones!!! But somehow it doesn't always turn out like that.......They have to be something I am happy to put my name to, but I know they won't be kept.....Neither mum or her friends are sentimental! Every card I make mum she gives me back so I can take the 'bits' as she calls them off and re-use them!!!

So here is the card I made yesterday...












I used my lovely Penny Black stamp 'A Great Surprise'   I much prefer making square cards I realised after attempting this one!!! I didn't know quite what to do with the background.........In the end I just stuck to quite a few matts and layers! I needed something for the side so the good old Candi came out along with my Bakers twine and a button.....
Never one to plan anything I didn't know where to put the sentiment...tried stamping near the image...made a complete hash of it!! So had to do some matts to cover it!! Don't think it's where I'd have put the sentiment (which is a FAB Paula Pascual stamp) if I was doing it again......but as the card was finished I just had to go with it!!! I'm sure mum won't realise that it's a mistake! and will hopefully be happy to send it.......

I'll be back tomorrow with a bright card, so sunglasses at the ready I think!!!!

Thanks as ever for looking and I'll catch up with you soon.....

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Absolutely gorgeous ,fabulous colouring and details.xxx

rachel said...

this is fab she - I'm surprised your mum doesn't keep your cards - but it is practical allowing you to get the bits xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
Debby

Kim Dellow said...

LOL! That is what some of my family do as well - give them back to take apart! Gorgeous card though She.

I would love to do an ATC swap with you, but it won't be the blue heart one on my blog I'm afraid someone else got in there first! I will come up with something else for you :)
Kxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...