Sunday, December 2, 2012

JYC 2012.................



Hi there.....

Yesterday saw the start of my favourite Shimelle class......'Journal Your Christmas'.........I haven't done it for a few years with one thing and another....but feel the need to this year. I have so many happy memories of Christmas' past.....and it's just another way of keeping dad's memory alive and will also help me get through what is going to be the saddest, strangest Christmas ever........
Me being me couldn't decide what to do........I was lucky enough to get one of Shimelle's kits...gorgeous.....and I was hunting around my papers because I knew I could use some of my paper mountain! AND I found some Chipboard Covers I must have bought 3 or 4 years ago in a sale .......knowing they would come in handy! They are by Teresa Collins.......and some gorgeous papers and embellishments too.

I kept the cover very simple....just a bit of Distress Ink round the edge, a couple of the embellishments and some Thickers......which were White, but I have coloured with ProMarkers....The little set did have some book rings in it, but they were too small to hold all the pages! So I just used 3 big rings...I'll add some fibres and stuff when I am finished........AND I am determined to finish.............

I have a few photos of my pages...........I cut white card to size and then covered it with paper....then sanded all the edges and used Walnut Stain Distress Ink round them all......this took me most of the day yesterday!! And why when I cut 2 pieces the same size do they never fit together when it comes to sticking them??? These aren't too bad.....but I think I ended up trimming most of them!!! Still I think it adds to the look of the book and it is my Journal........well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!


 I am so pleased with these papers...
and how they all look together....

 Here is my first page.....




I have added some stamping round the edge and white gel pen highlights..

I have just had today's prompt.....and I have just the right photo to add to my page.....I think my Journal will be a mixture...some days just Journalling, and some days with photos......

Thanks for looking......and if you are taking part, let me know so that I can come and visit you.....




8 comments:

Caroline said...

I love this it's gorgeous. What a lovely way to journal Chrsitmas. Caroline xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Your journal looks gorgeous.

Theresa said...

This is gorgeous! I love the distressing around the edges. It gives your pages a really complete look.

theeducationofmissdotty said...

A gorgeous journal and I look forward to seeing more of your projects and your memories from this year.

misteejay said...

You are off to a fab start - those papers look wonderful together.

Toni xx

Petrina said...

Hi Sheila your journal looks fab. I have tried to this 3 times and I always fail. I can never keep up!! Things are just too chaotic here!! I can never fit it all in. I have those papers and they are gorgeous. I love Teresa Collins designs. Well done on what you have done so far and I can't wait to see the rest if your pages xx

Netty said...

Terrific journal She and am sure you will get great pleasure filling it. Annette xx

Gez said...

Looking good so far, can't wait to see it IRL xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...