Sunday, September 2, 2012

Learn Something Every Day.........


Morning!
It's September, so it's the start of Shimelle's   'Learn Something New Every Day' class...This would be my 2nd year.......it is essentially a Scrapbooking class..........but I so need to Journal right now that I have decided to make a Journal and actually use all of the Quotes I have saved!!

I love Quotes....some have special meaning to me, some just make me think and some just use the words I would if I could!!!!

Today's Quote is  'A Friend Is One Who Can Touch Your Heart From Across The World Or Across The Room'

My little book has enough pages for double page spreads some days, but some days will only be a single page...now there's a challenge for me...How do I keep the opposite page clean and inky or painty free...perhaps I will Learn Something New Every Day!

So without further ado, here it is.........
Here are the background pages.....Well it had to be Orangey, didn't it???? I have used my wonderful Portfolio Oil Pastels and blended them with a baby wipe...I didn't want to get the pages too wet. I coloured through my circle stencil and then heat set, which gives them a raised embossed like finish...Stamping then with my Dylusions and a little bit of paint splattering!!


Here are my finished (I think!!) pages...I may go back sometime in the future to add some Journalling, but for now the words there are enough...
I used one of my favourite digi stamps...Amalia and Laylah designed by the very talented Megan....Do check here as she has some lovely new stamps....

So there it is!! I'm pretty sure I'll learn Something New Every Day....It just might not be what Shimelle has in mind......But I do intend to do more Scrapbooking in the future, so the prompts won't be wasted!!!

Thanks for looking.........





10 comments:

Sheilagh said...

I really love your journalling and use of colour She, I need to take the plunge instead of lurking and lusting.

She
xxx

Tabbatha Sandoval said...

It is beautiful She! Love the sentiment, and while I don't particularly like orange I love how you use it. :D Fantastic page and use of the Dylusion & Dilly Beans stamps.

Wrightboysmum said...

Lovely pages. I was thinking about journaling this year but haven't started yet.

Anesha said...

Really beautiful page, love the background.

Cheryl said...

oh when I saw these on FB I thought wow,but too see them on here,they are simply amazing,the colours are stunning and the design works,brilliantly love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Happy Days said...

This is fantastic. I love the background you created and those stamps are just the sweetest.

Claire x

rachel said...

fabulous work She - I love your colours and the background is just stunning - absolutely fabulous! Great sentiment too! Big Hugs Rachel xx

Kate said...

I absolutely love this She amazing art and a lovely saying . Really look forward to seeing more.
Kate xxx

Netty said...

Terrific background and fab layout, x

Artyjen said...

How spooky...my first page is about friends too....is that the prompt Shimmelle gave you? I'm not signed up to that I'm afraid!
xoxo Sioux