Friday, May 11, 2012

Stop The Clocks.......


I have always loved 'Stop All The Clocks' by W H Auden and this seemed an ideal place to start for the Journal Pages I needed to do...
I haven't felt much like doing anything, but having an unexpected few hours with nothing planned I thought I'd try and have a little 'play'...
I used Dylusions paints for my background and Dylusions spray through a numbers stencil. The clocks are Rub Ons...the big clock slipped whilst I was rubbing, but I quite like how it turned out.. I used 'Winter' one of my favourite Stampotique stamps and coloured with my ProMarkers.....The letters are from a magazine...
Here is the page in detail..
And the poem....
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone. 
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum 
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead 
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead, 
Put crépe bows round the white necks of the public doves, 
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
He was my North, my South, my East and West, 
My working week and my Sunday rest, 
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song, 
I thought that love would last forever: 'I was wrong'
The stars are not wanted now, put out every one; 
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun; 
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood. 
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
WH Auden
Whilst I had my Journal out I thought I'd do another couple of pages...
I did the background with my Caran D'Ache Neocolours I scribbled them onto the pages and then blended with a baby wipe. Then sprayed through a couple of stencils and used one of my 'Round The Edge' stamps. Oh and my Stampotique 'Angel Boy'


Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and good wishes, I do appreciate them all...At the moment I am just taking one day at a time....

Thanks for looking......

6 comments:

Sheilagh said...

I love that poem Sheila and you have done a beautiful interpretation.

Sending hugs, it's a long journey with no end to it, but it does eventually become less painful.

love

Sheilagh
xxx

kjjc said...

Lovely to see you. Beautiful poem.xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Sheila! It will get better and hope that it is soon, meanwhile making your journal pages(which are lovely)will surely help! Thinking of you, hugs, Chrisxx

rachel said...

Hi She - this is just amazing - and probably very therapeutic too! Like everyone has said - it will get better! Hugs Rachel xxx

Artyjen said...

Yes a wonderful poem.....and you have interpreted it so well with your pages :) Journal away...it will help the healing process.
xoxo hugs Sioux

Poppit said...

Moving pages She. Glad you were able to have some quiet, creative time to help you process your feelings. Thinking of you. Xxxx